|View printer-friendly version|
- First investigator-led trial of Premvia in U.S. for cosmetic use
- Clinical trial being conducted by Dr. Aronowitz, a leading
Beverly Hills-based Plastic Surgeon
The objective of this investigator-led study is to evaluate the safety and performance of Premvia™ as a carrier for autologous SVF in non-HIV patients. SVF cells are believed to contain fat tissue progenitors, and are prepared at the point of care from a lipoaspirate. This single-arm study is designed to evaluate 10 subjects who each receive a treatment of Premvia™ and SVF. The study’s primary endpoint is mean change in volume of each side of the face from baseline six months post treatment, with secondary endpoints being hemi-facial volume change at one, two, three and 12 months from baseline.
“I am encouraged by the results seen in the EU pivotal study. Premvia has the potential to address the limitations that we see with autologous fat transfer,” said Dr.
HIV-associated lipoatrophy is a severe form of lipoatrophy characterized by the pathological loss of body fat from under the skin. In an EU pivotal clinical trial, Renevia® met its primary endpoint, and treated patients retained approximately 100% of transplanted volume at six months, based on 3-D volume measurement of the implanted area. In addition to meeting the primary endpoint,
The data in the trial has encouraged
Renevia® is an investigational medical device that is being developed as an alternative for whole adipose tissue transfer (fat grafting) procedures. Renevia’s® hydrogel polymer network provides the requisite amino acid sequences for adipose stromal vascular cell attachment and may support proliferation, localization and adipogenic differentiation. Renevia® is part of the HyStem® hydrogel family of proprietary injectable matrices, which are designed to facilitate the survival and growth of transplanted cells.
Premvia™ Important Information
Premvia™ is indicated for the management of wounds including: partial-thickness, full-thickness, tunneling wounds, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, chronic vascular ulcers, donor skin graft sites, post-Moh’s surgery, post-laser surgery, podiatric wounds, wound dehiscence, abrasions, lacerations, second degree burns, skin tears, and draining wounds.
- Premvia is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies, indicated by a history of anaphylaxis or presence of multiple severe allergies.
- Premvia is specifically contraindicated for patients with known allergies to products containing either hyaluronan or collagen derivatives.
- Premvia is not indicated for use in third degree burns.
Important Safety Information
- Complications that may arise from wound management products may include: infection, chronic inflammation, allergic reaction, excessive redness, pain, or swelling. If any of these complications are present, product should be removed from the wound area.
- Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician or practitioner.
- Only the vial contents are sterile – outside of vials are not sterile.
- Do not add additional components or additives to Premvia™.
BioTime common stock is traded on the NYSE American and TASE under the symbol BTX. For more information, please visit www.biotimeinc.com or connect with the company on Twitter, LinkedIn,
To receive ongoing
Certain statements contained in this release are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Statements pertaining to product technology, clinical development, regulatory approval timelines, the success of potential cosmetic applications and potential opportunities for