|View printer-friendly version|
Shire is a leading global specialty biopharmaceutical company. During Mr. Russell's tenure as Chief Executive Officer of Shire from 2008 until his retirement in
“Angus is a respected biopharmaceutical industry leader with more than 30 years of experience in commercialization, operations, product development and strategic acquisitions," said Dr.
“BioTime is the technology leader in developing cellular therapeutics from its leading platform of pluripotent stem cell technology," Mr. Russell said. “Pluripotent stem cell technology has the potential to transform how medicine is practiced. The key to being the industry leader in this field will be combining the best of science with a solid development and commercialization strategy. I look forward to working with the
Prior to joining Shire, Mr. Russell served at ICI, Zeneca, and
Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. is developing pluripotent stem-cell based therapies in neurology and oncology, including AST-OPC1 oligodendrocyte progenitor cells in spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis and stroke, and AST-VAC2, an allogeneic dendritic cell-based cancer vaccine. Asterias Series A common stock is traded on the NYSEMKT under the symbol AST. BioTime Asia, Ltd., a Hong Kongcompany, may offer and sell products for research use for BioTime’s ESI BIO Division.
- Cell Cure Neurosciences Ltd. is an
Israel-based biotechnology company focused on developing stem cell-based therapies for retinal and neurological disorders. OpRegen™ is currently in a Phase I/IIa clinical trial for the treatment of the dry-form of age-related macular degeneration. ESI BIOis the research and product marketing division of BioTime, providing stem cell researchers with products and technologies to enable them to translate their work into the clinic, including PureStem® progenitors and HyStem® hydrogels.
- LifeMap Sciences, Inc. markets, sells, and distributes GeneCards®, the leading human gene database, as part of an integrated database suite that also includes the LifeMap Discovery® database of embryonic development, stem cell research, and regenerative medicine, and MalaCards, the human disease database.
- LifeMap Solutions, Inc. is a subsidiary of LifeMap Sciences focused on developing mobile health (mHealth) products.
- OncoCyte Corporation is developing products and technologies to diagnose and treat cancer, including PanC-Dx™, with four clinical studies currently underway.
- OrthoCyte Corporation is developing therapies to treat orthopedic disorders, diseases and injuries.
- ReCyte Therapeutics, Inc. is developing therapies to treat a variety of cardiovascular and related ischemic disorders, as well as products for research using cell reprogramming technology.
Statements pertaining to future financial and/or operating results, future growth in research, technology, clinical development, and potential opportunities for
To receive ongoing
Judith Segall, 510-521-3390 ext. 301
EVC Group, Inc.
Michael Polyviou, 212-850-6020
Gregory Gin, 862-236-0673
Doug Sherk, 415-652-9100