|View printer-friendly version|
Mr. Mulroy most recently served as Executive Vice President – Strategic Affairs and General Counsel of the Autoimmune and Rare Diseases Business Unit of
Mr. Cartt has most recently served in a transitional role as Chief Operating Officer of the Autoimmune and Rare Diseases Business Unit of
“We are very pleased that
“Steve and Mike have valuable experience with the investment community, with clinical and commercial stage products, and with financing public companies with breakthrough technologies,” Dr. West continued. “As BioTime’s subsidiaries progress further, that experience is likely to be particularly valuable. For example, Asterias recently became the first of BioTime’s subsidiaries to be publicly traded. When Steve joined Questcor, it was considerably smaller than
Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. (OTCBB: ASTY) is developing pluripotent stem-cell based therapies in neurology and oncology, including AST-OPC1 oligodendrocyte progenitor cells in spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis and stroke, and AST-VAC2, an allogeneic dendritic cell-based cancer vaccine. Asterias trades publicly under the symbol ASTY.
- BioTime Asia, Ltd., a
Hong Kongcompany, may offer and sell products for research use for BioTime’s ESI BIO Division.
- Cell Cure Neurosciences Ltd. is an
Israel-based biotechnology company focused on developing stem cell-based therapies for retinal and neurological disorders, including the development of retinal pigment epithelial cells for the treatment of macular degeneration, and treatments for multiple sclerosis. ESI BIOis the research and product marketing division of BioTime, providing stem cell researchers with products and technologies to enable them to translate their work into the clinic, including PureStem® progenitors and HyStem® hydrogels.
- LifeMap Sciences, Inc. markets, sells, and distributes GeneCards®, the leading human gene database, as part of an integrated database suite that also includes the LifeMap Discovery® database of embryonic development, stem cell research, and regenerative medicine, and MalaCards, the human disease database.
- LifeMap Solutions, Inc. is a subsidiary of LifeMap Sciences focused on developing mobile health (mHealth) products.
- OncoCyte Corporation is developing products and technologies to diagnose and treat cancer, including PanC-Dx™, with four clinical studies currently underway.
- OrthoCyte Corporation is developing therapies to treat orthopedic disorders, diseases and injuries.
- ReCyte Therapeutics, Inc. is developing therapies to treat a variety of cardiovascular and related ischemic disorders, as well as products for research using cell reprogramming technology.
Statements pertaining to future financial and/or operating results, future growth in research, technology, clinical development, and potential opportunities for
To receive ongoing
Judith Segall, 510-521-3390, ext 301